Wordpress URL not working after installation

wordpress

Hello All,

I am new to Wordpress and tried One-click installer for installing wordpress and got email in few minutes that it is installed.

The problem is I am not able to proceed with even first step mentioned in site. which says to create Admin user at

http://www.mydomain.com/wps/wp-admin/install.php

Can you please guide me how to proceed further?

Thanks

try the address using google translate or something like that. if it works, then it’s likely that a) the DNS settings haven’t propagated to you yet or b) you have some connectivity problem to DH (unlikely if you can access the panel)

I’m having the same exact problem. I bought the domain and hosting yesterday and today tried the one-click wordpress install. Same problem with step one.

Does it just take some time for things to be activated?

@bobocat - I’m a newb. What do you mean? “try the address using google translate or something like that. if it works, then it’s likely that a) the DNS settings haven’t propagated to you yet or”

DNS can take time, its normally shorter for new domains than it is for a change. What happens of you just simply drop your domain name alone in the URL bar? Does you get a not found error? or a dreamhost quickstart page? If you get the not found error then it’s most likely DNS propagation that you are waiting on.

yeah when I put in my domain name in it comes back not found. I’ll give it time, thanks!

you can ssh to dreamhost then call up your site in lynx to get going without waiting for DNS updates