Wordpress upgrade problem

wordpress

I am new to blogging and am trying to upgrade to the latest Wordpress using the automatic update function. On the “Connection information” screen, it asks for hostname, username and password. I must be putting in the wrong hostname because it keeps rejecting me. I am using the hostname that appears under my SQL database on DreamHost (mysql.domainname. com). Is this not correct? Help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Is this an Advanced One Click install on a fully hosted domain? (i.e. are you paying for hosting here?)

When I do my WordPress updates, either via the panel here, or from wp-admin, it never asks for such information.

-Scott

I’m not sure–how do I find out if it is an advanced on-click install? It’s on my blog. I am paying for hosting from DreamHost.

Did you use Panel to install WP, or did you upload the files yourself?

[color=#00CC00]Panel > Goodies > One-Click Installs > Upgrade or remove previously installed software - Advanced mode[/color]

See if your site is listed there.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

I’m guessing it’s an Easy Install, in which case, Support should be updating to the latest version pretty soon. You’ll just have to wait a bit for them to catch up.

-Scott

Indeed, Wordpress 2.9.2 should be showing up on our Easy One-Clicks around tomorrow morning.