Wordpress Update

Hello!
I received this email from dreamhost:

We were unable to set up wordpress as requested at:
http://www.familiaquintanilha.org/

The problem was directory /home/rafaelgqv/familiaquintanilha.org doesn’t exist! Unable to upgrade!

Please correct this and go to our web panel and re-submit your
wordpress upgrade request.

Thanks, and sorry about that!

Can someone help me with that??? I don’t have a clue what’s going on. The only thing I know is that Dreamhost has already updated my wordpress a couple of times and nothing wrong happened, and I haven’t changed anything on my web panel.

Thanks!
Rafael

I got the same email last night. The path clrearly existed. I opened a ticket, to which support has not yet replied.
[hr]
The reply from support just arrived:

• After reading this response, please consider visiting
  • the survey below to comment on its quality. Thanks!
  • If the service you received from us was exceptional, please consider
  • tweeting your love for @dreamhost. It’ll warm our hearts, soothe
  • our souls, and get you good karma at some point down the road.

I apologize for the confusion today. A batch of automatic WordPress upgrades to 3.5.1 failed due to an issue with one of our central controller servers. The error message generated due to that failure was:

The problem was directory /home/username/domain.com doesn’t exist! Unable to upgrade!

As you’ve noticed that directory does exist and is just fine. The upgrade didn’t change any files in the directory so each installation should be running an older version of WordPress still. Our admin team are going to re-run the upgrade process again for each of these domains tomorrow.

This upgrade feature is enabled for all Dreamhost One-Click Installations by default, however it can be turned off for each installation. To do that simply go to the Goodies > One-Click Installs section of the Dreamhost panel.

https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=goodies.installer&

There you’ll click Manage Installed Applications. Then click your domain and under Upgrade Action select No Action. Again I apologize for any confusion these messages may have caused. If you need anything else then please contact Dreamhost support.

Thanks,

The Happy Dreamhost Clarification Team

Sorry about that, we fixed the problem last night and one of our awesome engineers is going through everyone who was missed to make sure you’re okay. I believe he’ll re-run the push on your servers.

If you don’t want to wait, you can upgrade from within WordPress itself. The 3.5.1 upgrade is pretty small and very safe.

Thanks, Ipstenu-DH. I prefer to wait because I’m really a beginner so I’m afraid to make mistakes on updating it.
As soon as DH fix the problem, will I receive an email informing that it has been updated?

Thanks for your great support,
Rafael

Yes, we’re rerunning the upgrade process and should unstick all the sites. If you don’t get an upgrade email by tomorrow, just stop us a ticket and someone with a bigger hammer will bang on that :slight_smile: