Wordpress Theme confused

Anyone can help I would appreciate it? I a domain with with dreamhost, i have the domain chestney-stagg.com (yes i know its weird but its my surname) anyway I have a wordpress theme and wanted to start the blog here.

I did the one click wordpress thing but that created http://notepad.chestney-stagg.com/ with a default theme…

I cannot find that folder in my ftp with filezilla … just chestney-stagg.com, logs and maildir…

What am I doing wrong? I would ideally like chestney-stagg.com to be my location of the wordpress theme i purchased, not sure where to start…

if you want to be able to upload custom themes and such you will have to do a custom installation instead of the simple one you probably installed. go back to the one click install section and delete the app and start over. if you use any of the apps i highly recommend always doing a custom install if given the option. custom isn’t harder to get going than the simple. it just means that instead of the files being stored in a central location that you cannot access, it is actually put under your user so you can manage the files yourself. simple installs also make you use a sub-directory that you wouldn’t be able to access and you would not have that limitation if you do a custom install. don’t type anything after the / when you pick your domain or it will be placed in a sub-folder instead of the main domain.