Wordpress Site - Times Out with Admin Login

wordpress

Starting about 15 hours ago, I was logged out of the dashboard for a blog I’m starting. When I attempted to log back in on three different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, & IE), I kept receiving a message similar to the one below:

[quote]The connection has timed out.

The server at http://www.erichschuler.com is taking too long to respond.

[list]
[*]The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

[*]If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.

[*]If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
[/list][/quote]

The website itself loads fine on all browsers. I’ve also restarted my computer, deleted my cookies, disabled plugins through FTP, tried logging in through a different computer, and tried logging in through two different routers. How can I log back into my dashboard?

i just added /wp-admin to your blog URL and was correctly redirected to the log in screen. Are you getting that far? Before or after you enter your user and pass?

Check the errors in your log files. What do they say?

I am getting that far. My problems occurs once I submit both my username and password.

I don’t see anything when I enter the logs file through FTP, although I’m not sure if this is the current place to look.

Switch to SFTP or SSH, the logs folder will not work under FTP.

Thanks for the tip. I’ll keep that in mind for future problems. Meanwhile, I’ve opened a ticket with Dreamhost and they were able to fix the problem for me. Thanks!