Wordpress real cron

tried to setup a wp real cron but the scheduled posts are missing schedule all the times.

the cron code I used was:

*/5 * * * * /usr/local/php56/bin/php /home/fracho2/flyagain.la/wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron >/dev/null 2>&1

but it is not working at all.

Please help.

Thanks

Are you editing the cron file manually, as opposed to letting the dreamhost panel maintain the entry? That’s fine if you are, just being clear. When you type crontab -l at the shell prompt are you seeing your entry?

If that’s working the next thing I would do is drop the redirection on the end of the command for troubleshooting purposes… I.e remove “>/dev/null 2>&1” from the end. When you do this make sure you have a valid email listed in the MAILTO line at the top of the file. With the redirection removed you should get an email from cron every 5 minutes. Let us know if you need help interpreting that.

FYI - the best email address to use is one hosted at dreamhost, to make certain these emails arrive. They may or may not to another type of address (why is a whole topic by itself).

Remove “?doing_wp_cron” from the path. That’s not actually part of the filename, and having it there will prevent PHP from finding the correct file.

Thanks guy. It seemed have work now.