Wordpress question

wordpress

The admin page of my wordpress site generally takes 3-6 seconds to render according to the bottom of the page. I was wondering if there is a way to optimize it to go a bit faster, because it’s annoying when I’m trying to get a lot of stuff done. Or is this just something that I’m not able to control (slow database servers, etc)?

http://bdotson.us

Just a thought, but I think dumping the “dashboard” rss captures from around the wordpress blogshere should save you a measurable amount of time (at least the time taken to retreive, parse, and display all the “news” nuggets).

–rlparker

I’m having this problem too. It’s very pokey. I don’t think the dashboard is the culprit as it takes a long time (20+ seconds) just for the login screen to render. My guess is slow db. Anyone experienced/fixed this?

mail[at]mahalie[dot]com

I’m at my wits end with the slowness. It’s been going on since last week. Friday I was virtually unable to work on-line because of the crawl. Today’s it’s taking a long time to log on. My ftp program has been trying to work at it for over 2 minutes now.

Every night for the last week I’ve gotten a timed out notice from Feedburner as it tries to do it’s job at 4 am.

I just logged into a WP site and the timer at the bottom read 1.76 seconds.

I don’t know if there’s a difference between versions, but the one I checked is the newest version (2.0.4). If you have an older version, upgrading would be a good idea anyway, so it wouldn’t hurt to see if it makes a difference.

Also, if you don’t already use it, check out the Admin Drop Down Menu plug-in. It creates dynamic menus at the top and can save you quite a few clicks. I have no idea why it’s a plug-in and not a standard WP feature.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with 96DOLLARSOFF promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with TAKESEILERSCASH.

My pages load in 1-2 seconds usually.

Technically slow as most WP sites will load in 250ms with similar content size.

With regards to DH, my experience has been anything to do with the DB’s slows down the sites substantially. Standard PHP processing doesn’t take any time at all. Add the DB in and it takes 3 to 4 times as long atleast.

You get what you pay for, DH is a good bandwidth/testing site but as far as any critical business sites go where speed and uptime are an issue i host them elsewhere.

2.0.4 — 26.14 seconds

Do I win something?

Check out Gordaen’s Knowledge, the blog, and the MR2 page.

My wp install here at DH is really slow too:
38 queries. 5.634 seconds.
21 queries. 1.022 seconds.
21 queries. 0.608 seconds.
is usual.

I use wp-cache to speed up things, which I recommend. Page generation is slow, but cached pages are served fast.

It’s been a lot worse lately. I broke my own record: 2.0.4 — 249.87 seconds

That was the time it took to get to the options page (which I don’t cache).

Check out Gordaen’s Knowledge, the blog, and the MR2 page.

Besides, uptime is unreliable: my server seems to reboot randomly. Did not ake to 6 days up, the 2 days, the 1 day.

Mine says 2.0.4 — 0.64 seconds

Maybe the latest version is faster…

A little faster than last time I checked it:

2.0.4 — 0.19 seconds

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

Hi,

Um, perhaps you could add your site address to your profile or at least let us see your site?

Thanks,

Will

God Bless America