Wordpress Plugins Speed (Cache plugins)

wordpress

Hi everyone,

Do you know which cache plugins are working fine with Wordpress and Dreamhost to enhance speed? And have you others plugin that works fine as well such as page; images compressions?!

I have played with 6 or 8 different plugins for WordPress caching. W3 Total Cache comes in #1 for me. On some sites I have to tweak the javascript and css behavior so it only combines and doesn’t try to minimize. Other that than it’s worked very well. WP Super Cache comes in #2 from my tests. It’s well-designed and has less compatibility issues, but doesn’t quite get the speed of W3 Total Cache.

With all caching plugins, you’ll have to clear the cache any time you update something that affects multiple pages–a menu, a widget, …

“It depends.”

That was a crap answer, I know, but it’s what I have for you :confused:

Shared hosting does well with WP Super Cache. VPS and up does well on W3TC. But… What’s right for you may need a lot of experimentation. If your site is very dynamic, changing every hour, you may have a lot of problems with cache in general.

Image compression would need a CDN or something like https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-smushit/ - PageSpeed (available in Panel) can do it, but it’s not perfect for everyone.