Wordpress plug-ins don't appear

wordpress

I’m running a one-click install of Wordpress on dreamhost.

I’ve uploaded several wordpress plug-ins to the specified directory, but they don’t appear in the plug-in administration section of wordpress.

Has anyone solved this issue?

[quote]
I’m running a one-click install of Wordpress on dreamhost.

I’ve uploaded several wordpress plug-ins to the specified directory, but they don’t appear in the plug-in administration section of wordpress.

Has anyone solved this issue?[/quote]
I don’t know exactly what you’re doing, but you should always make sure you unzip (unpack or whatever) the folder that contains the plug-in, check the directions. Some require that you put the entire folder in the wp-content \ plug-ins folder. Others require that only the file inside be put there. I can’t tell you which is which, but I will say this: There has never been a plug-in that wouldnt install.

On the other hand, some require that you manipulate the theme files with some code changes, and some, frankly, don’t work at all, or create problems.

Understand that I’m not a WordPress expert. I learned a few things after my Webmaster took an extended hiatus, and I found it wasn’t so painful. In fact, I constantly experiment with plug-ins to enhance the look of my commentary site, http://macnightowl.com for better or worse. I learned fast how to get out of trouble. In short, I probably know enough to be dangerous, and certainly enough (as little as it is) not to be afraid of it.

Peace,
Gene Steinberg
Co-Host, The Paracast
http://www.theparacast.com
[b]My DreamHost Promo Plan—Use the code: [color=#CC0000]ROCKS[b][/color]

To add to this advice sometimes a plugin will be something.php.txt and you need to remove the .txt extension when you upload it.

Get [color=#00CC00]FULL DISCOUNT[/color] off any hosting plan using [color=#CC0000]DISCOMBO97[/color].

what plugin?

~Blebekblebek

I’m trying to install google site map plug in

Install it & quick test

probably your files upload corrupted or missing few file(s)

try to wget it from ssh
and unzip it :wink:

it works perfect

[quote]
Sitemap Notification Received

Your Sitemap has been successfully added to our list of Sitemaps to crawl. If this is the first time you are notifying Google about this Sitemap, please add it via http://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps so you can track its status. Please note that we do not add all submitted URLs to our index, and we cannot make any predictions or guarantees about when or if they will appear.
btw my wp site is manual install…[/quote]

~Blebekblebek

I’m running this one with no problems. I just ftp’ed it to the plugins directory and unzipped it. This one doesn’t have a subdirectory and just unzips to a file called sitemap.php and sitemap.txt (the readme) in the plugins directory.

When you say it doesn’t appear in the plugin administration section, do you mean the Plugin Management page where you enable and disable plugins?

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options