Here is a quick snapshot of my situation:
- My domain was purchased and fully hosted with DreamHost from the start, since Friday October 3 2014.
https://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/lewisbranding.com says that the DNS has indeed been propagated.
- I used the One-Click Wordpress Install today, got the e-mail saying “Success installing WordPress on your site!”.
- When I click on the links in the e-mail, I get a “Failed to open page” message in Safari, Chrome and Firefox.
- I checked using WebFTP and all of the files are installed in the drive.
- My domain: www.lewisbranding.com
- I installed here: http://www.lewisbranding.com/wp-admin/install.php
I looked up my issue on various forums, but normally users experience DNS issues – which seems not to be the problem here.
Can anyone help? I’d be extremely grateful.
Forget my message! Literally about 5 minutes after I posted, the install started working. No clue as to why that is as it didn’t work for several hours. Cheers!