Wordpress MU setup help

Hi there, I’m hoping to get some guidance on some issues I’m having setting up Wordpress MU on my PS server.

QUESTION: I am unable to figure out how to publish multiple blogs to different domains on the server. I am unclear if I should be using subdirectories or subdomains and then also not sure if there is some mirroring required for the target domains on the PS server.

In other words, if WPMU install is on domain1.com and I want to publish blogs on domain2.com and domain3.com, how should the WPMU be set up to do this on Dreamhost PS? For example, should the blog reside on blog1.domain1.com and then mirror domain2.com to the blog1.domain1.com subdomain? Or is there a better way?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction here.

An easy way to do this would be to create your blogs under the domain WPMU is installed on, and then mirror them to their own domain names. You could then use only the mirrored domains to refer to your blogs.

I’m sure there is a better way of doing it (I haven’t tried WPMU yet), but this way seems the simplest.

Expanding on the above advice, in order to avoid the requirement of setting up WildCard DNS, use sub-folders as opposed to sub-domains when setting up WPMU on the primary domain.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost