Wordpress installation

DH came highly recommended as hosting for WP blogs. How true? I’m not very good with the techie stuff and seriously thinking of going to DH for my web hosting. My site includes a WP blog and just wanted to know how user friendly DH was to installation and updating of WP blogs on DH. Thanks a lot.

You just click a button, and its installed from their web based control panel.

The web based control panel is the best part of dreamhost, it really does rock.

I’d agree that the Web panel is nice (I prefer it over cpanel), but certain parts of it can be very slow at times.

As for WordPress; as herods said, WordPress 2 is available as a ‘one click install’ from the control panel. Basically, you give it a path for the install, setup the details for the database, click the install button, then wait for an email that arrives once everything has been installed. It is pretty slick.

Mark

Save $50 on DreamHost hosting using promo code “SAVEFIFTY” ( DreamHost Promo Code )

Go to the panel, click on “Goodies” and it’s under 1-click installs.

What plan is best for you? Compare from this list and select the best plan

As others mentioned, it’s a very easy one-click installation.

Just make sure the installation directory is completely empty before installing it.

Another handy thing to know, if you want to take control of your stats back from WP, is to find this in your .htaccess file:

BEGIN WordPress

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php

END WordPress

Then change it to this (changes in bold):

BEGIN WordPress

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/stats/(.)$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/failed_auth.html$
RewriteRule ^.
$ - [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php

END WordPress

:stuck_out_tongue: Save $96 at Dreamhost with the 96DOLLARSOFF promo code.