Wordpress Install on Subdomain: install.php not found

wordpress

Hi all,

I’ve searched numerous threads all over the place and can’t seem to install Wordpress on a subdomain.

I tried editing the wp-config.php to include the WP_HOME and WP_SITEURL to point to the subdomain with no success.

I also tried the 1-click Dreamhost install on the subdomain, as well as manually creating my own database+user and keep getting the:

[quote]The requested URL /subdomain.domain.com/wp-admin/install.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.[/quote]

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Anybody? The domain has had more than enough time to propagate. http://demo.sweetcomfortcare.com/

How did you install, manually or with the one click installer?

I tried both, and they’re both giving me the same error.

Hello! Sorry for the delayed reply. I took a look, and there was an .htaccess file in your user directory which would affect all the sites running under that user. I renamed the file and your site is loading well now :slight_smile: If you run into any other issues, you can always submit a ticket to our support team, or start a LiveChat from the panel for immediate assistance.

I cannot thank you enough!! It’s working great. And will keep an eye on those .htaccess files from now on…wow :slight_smile:

Many thanks.