Wordpress in Root Domain Directory

Hi, I’m a newbie but tried to follow all the instructions. I did the one-click for Wordpress but to directory mysite.com/Wordpress. I tried to redirect it to the root but ended up losing access to the panel! So I deleted the database and reinstalled to mysite.com/ but it errored out saying the directory is not empty. Help please? Thanks!!

Hey summer!

What you’ll need to do is head on over to your One-Click Installs page in your panel at panel.dreamhost.com. From there, click on Manage Installed Applications. You’ll see your domain, and the two Wordpress directories you have set up. Go ahead and click “Delete all Files” from each directory. After deletion, wait for our automated emails confirming that for you. Then you’ll be able to start new and do a fresh One-Click Install of Wordpress for your domain. :slight_smile:

If you need assistance or have any questions, just let us know and we’ll be happy to help! My shift is just about over, so if you do need some help, feel free to email us from your panel and our team will look into it: https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=support.msg& Thanks!

I faced the same problem once, and to resolve it, I had to delete files that are created in the directory. It worked for me too.

$50 off with 1 free domain and 1 free unique IP address using code: [color=#CC0000]DH1IP1[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

I faced the same problem once, and to resolve it, I had to delete files that are created in the directory. It worked for me too.

Thanks for your help. It sounds reasonable and the instructions were clear, but after deleting Installed Applications it still didn’t work. I’m not sure how to see/delete what other files are still in there, but the awesome support staff is going to do it for me. I feel a little bad, I wanted to learn to do it myself, but I need to get going on my site so I appreciate their help!

KiranKumar12 - I’m still in my trial period, can I still get the $50 off?

No, but if you’ve only just signed up then you probably got wayyyyy more than $50 off automatically (DreamHost new year promotion).

Glad to see we were able to help get Wordpress successfully installed for you! If you still want to know what was done so you can learn yourself, please feel free to reply to our last email and ask! We’ll be happy to explain. :slight_smile: Thanks for your patience and cooperation!