WordPress Error on multiple blog install

apps

I’m praying someone here can help me as I’m at my wit’s end and everyone else I’ve tried has ignored it or told me to take a hike.

I had a WordPress 1.2 blog that worked beautifully. When WP 1.5 came out, I wanted to see it in action and have a look at the files before updating the old blog. So I made a new directory at my domain and via One Click Install, installed the new WP1.5 at that new location using the same MySQL database as the old blog. As instructed at the WP wiki, I changed the prefix for files before completing the new blog’s installation. It should have worked.

But now, the new blog works but the old one’s mysteriously died. All files are intact, I can see them via FTP. The database is fine, i can see it via phpMyAdmin. But this is the error I get when i try to load the home page:

Warning: main(/home/.hester/grace/u2literary.com/blog//wp-config.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/.hester/grace/u2literary.com/blog/wp-blog-header.php on line 6

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required ‘/home/.hester/grace/u2literary.com/blog//wp-config.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/.hester/grace/u2literary.com/blog/wp-blog-header.php on line 6

And this is the error I get when I try to navigate directly to other pages such as wp-login.php:

Warning: main(./wp-config.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/.hester/grace/u2literary.com/blog/wp-login.php on line 2

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required ‘./wp-config.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/.hester/grace/u2literary.com/blog/wp-login.php on line 2

Is it a permiussion error? Has my wp-config.php file somehow become corrupted? I can’t view it at all as my FTP client says the server has denied my request to download it. Would it help to make another config.php file? Or am i barking up the wrong tree?

If anyone out there can tell me how to fix this and doesn’t tell me to deal with it as the Dreamhost tech support guy did, I’d appreciate it. Please help.

I solved it. I just made another config.php file and reinserted all my MySQL information again and the 1.2 blog works again. I post this so other people can learn from my problems. I wonder what happened…

For future reference: Installing Multiple BLogs.

MacManX.com