Wordpress database migration troubles ahoy

wordpress

I’m attempting to move my rather large wordpress blog to Dreamhost. My database has been backed up as an sql file. I used WP-DBManage to restore it to my Dreamhost account.

In wp-conf.php, I pointed everything where it needed to go, but all that shows up is the “Hello World” default post.

The strange part is that the only database in phpMyadmin is the fully restored database.

Even stranger, in MySQL Databases under Toolbox, the database is listed, but claims to be empty. (0 KB)

Clearly wordpress is connecting to some database (otherwise, I’d get an error that it couldn’t connect), but not the database that I restored from a backup.

Can anyone help me with this? I’m very very lost.

The database backup you had contained the data in a different table prefix than what your site www.civilwardailygazette used.
The import successfully completed and the data received into the database, but was not used by the website because of the mismatching table prefix. I had someone from our tech support team take a look, and he was able to enter your web server and update your blog’s configuration file to recognize the table prefix that contained your information. Your posts are now showing. :slight_smile:

For future reference, more info can be had here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_Tables_with_Plugins#Database_Table_Prefix

5/10 to tech support on that one. If yer gunna jump in and “fix” it, then fix it properly.

@OP: Very nicely written articles there.