Wordpress Custom One-Click vs Manual

apps

Are there any advantages/disadvantages to doing a ‘Custom’ One-Click WordPress install opposed to a Manual install? I’m concerned that if I do the one-click install I’ll discover a limitation somewhere down the road.

The one-click install is basically identical to what you’d get by doing a manual install, except:

[list][] It comes with some additional themes and plugins preinstalled. (And we’ll soon have an option to turn this off, too.)
[
] It can automatically run updates for you, or let you know when updates are available.[/list]

There’s no real downside — go for it.

Actually, there is ONE problem. The one-click install is setup to auto upgrade as well, which can cause problems with plugins that are not yet updated to handle the newest version of wordpress.

I noticed today that my two site’s auto-initiated the upgrade process without any warning. Yikes!

I̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶u̶r̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶f̶e̶a̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶?̶

Thankfully though, this can be turned off - or set to notify first. To do so, which I would recommend, go to your Admin area > One-Click Installs > Manage Installed Applications and you’ll see the option to change the “Upgrade Action”.