Wordpress comments?

apps

Hi, all. I have kind of an odd problem here (and a support ticket I’m waiting on) and I thought I’d see if anyone else had this problem while waiting for any support reply. I’d be perfectly willing to believe it’s some setting I’ve stomped on, but at this point I’m hard pressed to see where, exactly.

Basically, comments aren’t working on my wordpress blog at all (http://www.digitalramble.com). If you click on comments, it comes up with the article (as if you’d clicked on the permalink, I guess) but nothing else. Obviously if you have/had the same problem, I’d be interested in hearing from you, but also if you’re using wordpress comments with no problems at all, that’d also be helpful to know…

(as a side note, even tho the kubric theme supports the next pages if you nextpage things, there’s no Pages: 1, 2…n that appear at the end of the post like it should. I don’t know if that’s related or not, but that’s why the flickr slideshow post seems truncated…)

I nuked my theme back to the default kubric, deactivated all my plugins, and made sure there were no restrictions on comments of any sort, and none of that seems to have helped.

Anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions for what else I can try or do to fix this?

OK, it seems to have been how I set the permalink custom option. I’ve got the comments working now.

I’m still puzzled by the pagination, though. Using the info here:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Styling_Page-Links

I can use

<?php wp_link_pages(); ?>

and the Pages shows up, no problem.
But if I try using another example further down this page,

<?php link_pages('

Pages: ', '

', 'next', ' »', '« '); ?>

it completely disappears. Same place in the theme (after printing the_content/the_excerpt).

Also, the theme has this in it already:

<?php the_content(__('Read the rest of this entry »')); ?>

which if I understand correctly, should be giving me a Read the rest… etc at the end of a paginated post (paginated via the built into wordpress) whether or not I’ve added either of the first two link_pages calls.

???

Thx,
Cindy