Wordpress Blogger Import Tool Error

apps

Hello,

I transferred a domain here and have it all hooked up just as before at www.mysite.com. I then installed WordPress at www.mysite.com/test and that is all working good as a brand new installation. However I am nowing having a problem using the blogger import tool that is installed with WordPress. I’ve searched thru this forum and the WP forums. Someone on a WP forum said they couldn’t run this blogger import tool because of their host. I’m wondering if DreamHost for some reason has something limiting us from using the wordpress blogger import tool.

I’ve also tried the RSS import tool that is included with wordpress. It says it was successfull but my posts are nowhere to be found.

If anyone has any luck importing from blogger into wordpress on DreamHost let me know.

Thanks.

Here is the error I get. This is after I have used the import tool to login to blogger and chosen the blog I want to import.

Error on form submission. Retry or reset the importer.
Array ( [code] => 200 [header] => Array ( [Date] => Mon, 23 Oct 2006 17:03:31 GMT [Server] => Apache [Set-Cookie] => ServerID=1304; Domain=.blogger.com; Path=/ PyraID2=; Expires=Thu, 01-Jan-1970 00:00:10 GMT I=; Domain=www.blogger.com; Expires=Thu, 01-Jan-1970 00:00:10 GMT I=SF/XXdw4BAAA=.Nbsqzm+fQa5FPZnCg8MoGg==.mm10cNucRmzUffiST6p+fw==; Domain=.blogger.com; Path=/ B1I=USERNAME&; Domain=.blogger.com; Path=/ NSC_cmphhfs-fyu=0a1401180050;Version=1;Max-Age=1800;path=/ [Cache-control] => no-cache [Pragma] => no-cache [displaylang] => en [Content-Length] => 6921 [Content-Type] => text/html; charset=UTF-8 ) [cookies] => Array ( [0] => Cookie: ServerID=1304; Domain=.blogger.com; Path=/ [1] => Cookie: PyraID2=; Expires=Thu, 01-Jan-1970 00:00:10 GMT [2] => Cookie: I=; Domain=www.blogger.com; Expires=Thu, 01-Jan-1970 00:00:10 GMT [3] => Cookie: I=SF/XXdw4BAAA=.Nbsqzm+fQa5FPZnCg8MoGg==.mm10cNucRmzUffiST6p+fw==; Domain=.blogger.com; Path=/ [4] => Cookie: B1I=USERNAME&; Domain=.blogger.com; Path=/ [5] => Cookie: NSC_cmphhfs-fyu=0a1401180050;Version=1;Max-Age=1800;path=/ [6] => Cookie: ) [body] =>
TITLE
← Back to Dashboard ? Help x Sign Out

• Posting

• Settings

• Template

• View Blog

• Basic

• Publishing

• Formatting

• Comments

• Archiving

• Site Feed

• Email

• Members

There are errors on this form

Please fix the errors listed below and submit again.
You’re publishing on blogspot.com

Switch to: FTP (publishing on your ISP server) Or SFTP (secure publishing on your ISP server)
Your request could not be processed. Please try again.
Blog*Spot Address
http:// .blogspot.com

Subject to availability.
Notify Weblogs.com

Weblogs.com is a blog update notification service that many individuals and services use to track blog changes.
Save Settings
[url] => http://www.blogger.com/blog-publishing.do )

I got it to work after finding another WP thread. Do both of these and it should work, it did for me.

FIRST BUG

First, the long listing showing essentially the Blogger.com login screen.

User fix: I was able to successfully “fix” this “bug” by ensuring that I was signed out of blogger.com, deleteing the cookie.

SECOND BUG

I too received the following message:

malformedYour Blogger blog did not take the new template or did not respond.

User Fix: I changed the publication from my ftp site, to Blogspot and ensured that the selected NAME.blogspot.com was available. After that, I no longer received the error.

Thanks for posting back here what you learned regarding this. The WordPress support forums and the codex are very useful, and you will generally find more detailed WordPress info there than anywhere else.

Now that you have shared back here what you discovered, we can all benefit! Thanks! :slight_smile:

–rlparker

I even added it to the Wordpress page on the DH Wiki:

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/WordPress#Blogger