Wordpress and subdir

Hi, I’ve installed (1clickinstall) wordpress yesterday and played a bit with options. Today I’m trying to access stats & awstats (wich I installed) and it seems that any subdir I try to look for doesn’t show up.
I think that the problem is the way wordpress manage files (instead of xxx.php?yyy I’ve selected archive/xxx) but I wonder if just by doing this, apache doesn’t allow me to see my directories (.httaccess protected, btw)

Maybe I should create a subdomain for the blog?

Cupons:[color=#0000CC]MAO_HALFPRICE[/color] : pay only half of the price (L1 plans only) MAO97 get 97$ back

I believe this is due to the rewrite rules that WordPress uses in its .htaccess file. See the wiki article linked below for a possible fix.

http://www.wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Making_stats_accessible_with_htaccess

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

Yes you are right…I was watching the wrong .httaccess :slight_smile:
Now I see…they redirect all requests to index.php
That’s bad. I’ll create a subdir/subdomain soon and point my front page to it so you can access to it even without modifiying “www” with “blog”

Cupons:[color=#0000CC]MAO_HALFPRICE[/color] : pay only half of the price (L1 plans only) MAO97 get 97$ back