WordPress and Stats

wordpress

I have wordpress set up on the root of my account, and now when I go to http://crazydrumguy.com/stats/ I get a WordPress-generated 404 page (possibly because i’m using mod_rewrite to generate permalinks). Anybody know how to deal with this problem?

DreamHost! Save money with promo codes!
SUPERSAVINGS97: save $97 on yearly plans!
MONTHLYNOSETUP:waived setup fee on monthly plans!

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Making_stats_accessible_with_htaccess

That link ought get you set-up.

–rlparker

well, now I get to the authentication dialog box, and then when i enter my web id and password i get taken back to the same wordpress error page. my .htaccess file is as follows:

[code]
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/stats/(.)$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/failed_auth.html$
RewriteRule ^.
$ - [L]

BEGIN WordPress

RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

END WordPress

[/code]That’s the same as the sample file on the wiki article above. Any idea why this is still happening?

It sounds very much like you just need to clear your cache. Browsers cache all kinds of stuff, and changing .htaccess files only complicates it.

Another user recently had exactly the same problem, and a “clean” browser was all it took for him to be “in business”.

If you are using FireFox (as I am!) you may need to actually “close” your browser - I have had inconsistant result with just clearing the cache in some instances.

More on this can be found in this thread. Reading that ought to help, but if not, just post back and we will figure it out. :slight_smile:

–rlparker

yeah, it’s good now. that’s the fourth problem i’ve fixed by clearing my cache…