Wordpress and 404 Forbidden & Not Found - RESOLVED

apps

Found the problem – link protection parameters were too broad

I have scoured the web, the WP forums and anything else I can think of and have yet to get an answer so I’m wondering if this is an issue at the server.

I have a blog at http://mywebaddress.com/blog and it has a valid feed. Because I’ve been having the problem I’ll describe in a minute before, I deleted the blog and started over with a clean install of WP.

My problem:

I have subscribers (including myself) who, when you click on the link to get back to my blog from the blog reader, get this page:

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /blog/2007/04/22/fixed-permalink/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The permalink structure is: » http://mywebsite.com/blog/2007/04/22/sample-post/

The links in the posts in the feed are perfect and match the above permalink.

Why why why do I get this result? Like I said, I’ve validated the feed and it’s perfect. The URL in the links are fine and the directory is not password protected. Also, when you land on the 404 page, if you backspace and take off the trailing slash, it will go to the blog. I tried changing the permalink to remove that slash but it didn’t help.

I’m running the default theme with only Akismet and CompleteRSS plugins. Without CompleteRSS I can’t even get WP to send out a feed!

If anyone can help I would forever be in their debt. I’ve been trying to troubleshoot this for a looooong time.

Try going to options, permalinks and u=click update permalink structure Also ensure the permalink structure is exactly as it was before.

Also delete the cache in your browser, when you go to the links it may be loading a cached file from your browser making you think the link works.

Get [color=#00CC00]$97 DISCOUNT[/color] with [color=#CC0000]DISCOMBO97[/color] > More Codes

Done and done and no change in behavior.