Wordpress Admin page SLOOOW and times out

apps

Hello, my Dreamhost site runs fast for my blog. But when I get into the wp-admin module, it starts timing out. I tried installing the google gears to speed up the admin process, but it makes no difference.

Why is it the blog runs well, but the admin page is slow, will time out and redirect to 404 errors? Is there a way I can fix it? Very frustrating when just trying to approve one comment takes 7 minutes.

Thanks

Log into the shell (command line) and try the ‘uptime’ command. Loads should be below 5.

Does the wp-admin login screen load quickly? Try going to the Screen Options (upper right) and turn off most of what’s there. If you have even more time, create a subdomain and do a test install of a barebones WordPress and see if that’s any faster.

-Scott

Thanks, I’ll give it a try. But the wp-admin page does load fast. also the main admin page loads fast. It just doesn’t navigate. For instance going from main admin page to comments page might take 3 tries and 5 minutes…

Also give your logs a look. FTP in and they’re in the /logs directory for your user.

-Scott

I don’t know if you’ve found a solution to this, but after the recent server move I’ve discovered that my Admin pages would time out as well. After going back and forth with Support, I slowly started removing plugins and themes. When adding them back one by one, it was the Akismet plugin that was causing the Admin pages to time out. If I try to activate it, the pages time out and I have to remove the plugin (via FTP) to regain access to the Admin pages. I have no idea why this is now “broken” after a server move and I don’t know how to fix it.

I’d try uninstalling it completely, delete it’s files and folders, then reinstall it.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

I know it’s been weeks, but I finally got into the logs…

I get:

[client] Premature end of script headers: dispatch.cgi, referer: http://www.persistenceunlimited.com/wp-admin/comment.php?action=mac&c=53155

I will also try disabling the aski plugin.