Wordfence and IP settings

wordpress

OK, next question :slight_smile:

In Wordfence, what is the proper setting for how it should be getting its IP’s? I have it set at “Set this option if you’re seeing visitors from fake IP addresses or who appear to be from your internal network but aren’t”, and it appears to work properly - Wordfence reports back my IP correctly, etc.

But (you knew this was coming, right? :slight_smile: )…

Under the Logins and Logouts tab in the Live Traffic choice? All of a sudden I start seeing this:

An unknown location at IP 10.232.21.164 attempted a failed login using an invalid username “support”.
IP: 10.232.21.164 [block]

and this:

An unknown location at IP 10.232.21.164 attempted a failed login using an invalid username “administrator”.
IP: 10.232.21.164 [block]

and today? This:

An unknown location at IP 0.0.0.0 attempted a failed login using an invalid username “PLANNEDPEASANTHOOD”.
IP: 0.0.0.0 [block]

Wordfence support says check to see what the proper settings should be for how DH passes the IP’s in; when I change to any of the other settings, it errors (cannot get IP addresses). I started seeing these types of attempts to get in at not just my sites here at DH, but at a site I manage at another hosting outfit.

Any and all input would be appreciated - I already know I’m crazy, so don’t waste pixels stating the obvious :slight_smile:

Rick