Word Press change files

apps

I did the “advanced one click install” of Word Press. I wanted to be able to post via email and found a simple hack. I could send my blog email from Yahoo or Gmail and it would appear as a post using the “Hemmed” theme. I also had to slightly change the footer.php file as per Word Press’s codex.

But I couldn’t use jpg’s with that theme so I tried the “A Dream to Host” theme. Great, could include a jpg in a post. BUT I can’t do the email anymore. In fact, I can’t rename or upload a new “footer.php” file to “A Dream to Host.” It’s like the whole theme is protected.

I kind of feel like the cupholder on my pc doesn’t work :wink:
Why can’t I upload a revised footer.php file? How might I?

(I also downloaded from WP, two other themes that looked interesting. I tried for 20 minutes to ftp them to my site. I kept getting “error” messages saying I could not upload these new themes. Am I being paranoid or just a democrat? Thanks)

[quote]I can’t rename or upload a new “footer.php” file to “A Dream to Host.” It’s like the whole theme is protected.
I tried for 20 minutes to ftp them to my site. I kept getting “error” messages saying I could not upload these new themes.[/quote]
It sounds like it might be a file system problem.

Check that the owner listed for the already uploaded files is the same as the user you’re logged in as. For the inability to upload new items, make sure the directory is owned by the correct user and that the user isn’t over-quota.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

I can upload and rename files in the “Hemmed” theme. I can NOT upload or rename files in the “A Dream to Host” theme. I can upload a vanilla type photo album folder to the “Hemmed” theme, I can NOT do it to the “A Dream to Host” theme. This has happened with some other themes also. And of course, I cannot upload the “inove” or the “Google Chrome” theme to my WP themes folder. I’m on port 21.