I am running into an issue where I am not receiving my emails from woocommerce regarding new orders and stuff like that. Anybody else experience this?
Hi there, unfortunately you have not shared enough details for us to provide precise suggestions. So many things could be wrong, it’s a world of options. The only thing I can tell you is to look at your server’s logs and see if there are any visible hints of errors, things that may give you an idea of why you’re not receiving emails. Please post more details as you keep on investigating.
Thank you, still new to this so I appreciate the feedback.
Dreamhost shared hosting
WP Mail Logging 1.8
Contact Form 7 4.7
When I place an order on the site Woo is supposed to tell me that I have new order. When I check WP Mail Logging it shows that no request was made.
I have read some other posts, https://shiftwebsolutions.com/why-am-i-not-getting-new-order-notification-emails-from-woocommerce/ that suggests changing the email which I did. I also am using the same from email that I am using for my contact form.
When I test my contact forms it shows that a mail has been sent.
Any suggestions on what tests can I do to find out more about this error of mail not being sent?
this part is puzzling. If no request was made, something may be wrong in woocommerce configuration.
Do you reliably receive the email sent from contact form? Try to send the email to a different address at a different domain, see if maybe it’s your mail server denying communication from your site.
Check your server’s logs, too, just in case: https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/articles/215458038-How-do-I-view-my-access-log-
Hi, did you find a solution to this? I have exactly the same problem with email notifications through woocommerce. Thanks
Sometimes a company (any company) will push out a bad update, which causes issues for many. In that case you will see post in a forum that typically say “I have this problem too”. Those might be valid “same problem” posts.
In most cases tho when a thread has aged half a year, it’s not the same problem, but the same or similar symptoms. Like this thread was in the beginning you have not given us enough information to help you. The best thing that you can do is start a new thread, and state the problem and give the particulars of your site.
- What type of hosting do you have?
- Is your inbound email using dreamhost email service (or another providers email)?
- Have you checked for email blacklists that might be effecting you?
- What troubleshooting steps have you taken up to this point?
- are you using other plugins that send email, do those work?
- Finally since you’re using woocommerce and selling something the site is most likely a public site, so let us have the domain name. (you might not think the domain name is helpful in this case, but for example someone might use it to query the nameserver and check DNS for existence of SPF and DKIM records.)