Wiki and joomla and all that stuff

It is me again. Again no sleep - I need this project done and I BELIEVE THE LIE that told me that wiki and joomla were easy plug and play features. They are not: they are made by programmer FOR programmers. I haven’t been able to write a single sentence on any of them.
Let me re-phrase my last cry for help: I don’t need to configure anything. it is all there. I need something absolutely simple: I NEED TO WRITE CONTENT!!! Which is what this s. was supposed to be for!
And the truth is, it is impossible! I sent the stuff to a webdesigner who is a friend of mine. She couldn’t figure out how to do it! You need to be PROGRAMMER to be able to or else have some VERY SIMPLE HELP, which the thing does not offer!
I tried joomla (www.gcapower.com ). The result was a white page with unformated text in times new roman like an elementary school child’s with no computer knowledge.

Will someone kindly please JUST TELL ME WHERE TO BEGIN AND WHERE TO WRITE WHATEVER!!! IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT!! I AM A WRITER, NOT A PROGRAMMER, I ABSOLUTELY HATE PROGRAMMING AND THIS IS THE MAIN REASON I CHOSE THIS THING!!
I have a website I wrote myself (www.bodystuff.org ). I just use Front Page. It is ammateur and ugly. I fell into the stupid lie to think that Joomla or sitebuilder or whatever could solve this.
Well, for what it is worth, I think I’m better off just writing on the editors!
Please, please, please, please!!!
Someone help me!!!
I have a deadline!!!
I was naive - I believed I could just add content to that thing! I can’t even add a title!

Marilia Coutinho
BodyStuff
www.bodystuff.org

Ola

Sorry you have had no sleep.

Maybe there is a fault with the installation so you may have to contact support.

Send them a ticket with all the details, perhaps including a copy and paste of your entry here, and I am sure they will be able to help.

tchau

Norm

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts’.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK!! :@

You act on my advice at your own risk!

It takes patience to learn how to design websites.

Joomla is different that what you have probabley used, please check the joomla support faq’s which should tell you how to use it.

mabey this link will help.
http://joomlaphile.com/joomla-tutorials/manage-content-in-joomla/add-content-to-joomla-part-1.html

John Edmondson

Marila,

I’m sorry you are having trouble. Actually, installing and configuring those applications (Joomla! and Mediawiki) is the hard part; once that is done, just writing is pretty easy once you understand how the thing works.

I’ve looked at all your installs (both the wiki and the joomla) and it looks like they are installed just fine. If we could just figure out how to get you up to speed on using them, you are likely to be very happy with either of them.

Have you looked for help in Portuguese? Maybe you can find some ujseful help in the Joomla! Portuguese forum (http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/board,23.0.html).

–rlparker