Why i need VPS Hosting

vps

I have a website which named nastynomad.com which is alreday hosted on normal bought from bermanhosting.com server but i want to know about VPS hosting coz many of my friend suggested me about vps server, so can u plz any one will suggest me the difference or benefits of VPS?

You need a (virtual) private server usually if your site has so much traffic that the shared hosting can’t serve pages properly. Or if you need to install packages that are not allowed on shared hosting … if nastynomad.com is often unreachable maybe it’s time to consider an upgrade, which could be VPS or a cloud server or something else entirely. Share your metrics and the exact problems you’re having.

1. Scale your hosting resources without any downtime or technical issues.
  2. More stability and reliability for web hosting.
    3.More control compared to shared hosting.
    4.Cost effective solutions for small websites.

VPS can offer you more performance and much agile software config because you can install all you need and configure the server as you like.

But you’ll need to manage your server yourself and take all responsibility for probable problems, vulnerabilities and issues caused by them.

That’s what hosting provider get you for :slight_smile:

VPS here is also managed. It’s really a shared server with fewer users, but with hard limits on your resources so what you do doesn’t affect other users on your box, and vice-versa. No root or sudo access.

Virtual Private Server Hosting often abbreviated VPS hosting works as a bridge between dedicated server hosting and shared server hosting. Typically, the primary server is segregated into different private servers, and every VPS hosting has its individual operating system and own resources and functions as a complete server.

It’s all usually about more traffic and more load.
After some point you have to move to dedicated or VPS just to be sure that your site is working good under load.

Shared hosting will not satisfy that or cost much more after that point.

This is a very useful piece of information. I’m a newbie in web design and I’m going to build my website using one of the handyman wordpress themes from www. templatemonster. com[ADMIN EDITED]. I have to find a proper hosting, but I don’t have any experience. So, thank you for enlightening!

VPS has long been recognized as one of the ways in which businesses can reduce IT costs and increase operational efficiency. By isolating applications and programs within one virtual server that’s set aside solely for you, VPS provides high levels of privacy, security and control. But while VPS delivers cost savings on hardware and offers the flexibility to run multiple operating systems or sets of programs on individual servers at the same time, it doesn’t scale well.

Seasonal businesses often experience major increases in traffic during their busy seasons. For example, ecommerce, financial services, tourism, holiday and wedding-related industries each have their own unique business cycles with corresponding bumps of traffic expected on their sites. VPS is a particularly effective solution in this case, since you can easily and quickly add and subtract additional virtual machines to support “bursting” traffic needs. So you only have the overhead when you have the revenue to justify it.