Why does dreamhost email go in yahoo spam hole?

This forum signup email did. Is it always?

It took me a few moments to parse what you said, but I think you are saying that the automatic email that was sent to you when you signed-up for this forum was snared by the Yahoo spam trap, correct? There are several reasons why this may have occurred:

1. Yahoo’s spam filters are too aggressive.
  2. Your own user-defined filters are too aggressive.
  3. You have not whitelisted DreamHost’s mail server.
  4. DreamHost’s mail server may have been recently added to one of the black lists (such as Spamcop). That happens from time to time, but it is usually sorted out by DreamHost techs.

si-blog
Max discount on any plan with promocode SCJESSEYTOTAL

FWIW, I’ve never had a problem with official dreamhost mail to my gmail account.

In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever had any false negatives with my gmail account, and it catches a boatload of spam - about 25 a day and rising fast! It’s crazy how good it is.

Apologies for taking this slightly off topic…

extra domains and the new maximum $50 off with codes [color=#CC0000]1DOM50, 2DOM50 and 3DOM50[/color].
More Dreamhost coupons

I support this claim, in fact I use Google Apps for my email instead of DH’s own mail server. :wink:

Dino
Get YOUR $50 off on yearly plans and 700GB starting space with [color=#CC0000]700GB [/color] promo code. Sign Up NOW