Why disable my website?

I just got a mail from support team. My BBS was disabled, because the load of my website is too high. I don’t understand, I have a bandwidth of 192GB per month, I just used 6.2GB for last 10 days. it’s not even 10% of monthly bandwidth. www.senecabbs.com

thank you for reading

I believe Dreamhost is refering to Server Load. How much processing time your applications are taking up. they have diabled your site beucase it’s using up a bit too much server time and making other poeple’s websites who share your server go very slowly.

Don’t freat though. support and people here in this forum will be glad to help you get things set up so it doesn’t take up so many resources.

-Matttail

I use Discuz2.5F, that’s it. most time, my web site just got 20 people or less online. I don’t know why they disable my web site without notice, I have not backup mysql data yet.

(disclaimer: I haven’t seen the support history for your account, so I’m not 100% sure what you were told, but I have an idea…)

[quote]I use Discuz2.5F, that’s it. most time, my web site just got
20 people or less online. I don’t know why they disable my
web site without notice, I have not backup mysql data yet.

[/quote]

Don’t worry, we won’t “hold your data captive” or anything like that. Odds are that your database is still accessible, even if your web site isn’t.

If we took your site down, it’s likely that it was causing some sort of problem on the server - causing the server to incur such heavy loads that it threatens to negatively impact other customers (ie. their sites stop working, or begin to run very slowly). As you can imagine, that’s not something we - or our customers - like to see happen.

Note that different forum scripts can take significantly different amounts of load/usage before causing problems. One script may be able to handle a large number of concurrent users whereas another script may not. I’m not all that familiar with Discus, but it’s possible that it has a greater impact on the server than other scripts. That, or the usage patterns associated with your forum are such that it’s really just too much for a shared web hosting environment.

If you’re not sure, please feel free to contact tech support and ask for a bit more information about how much load you were causing on the server. If we can provide it (and we usually can), we will. While we can’t risk any more problems caused by your script, we will make reasonable efforts to provide alternatives. This could be anything from suggesting that you index MySQL tables or switch to a different script to upgrading to a Dedicated server (not usually necessary, but it’s a possibility).

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin

ok, you may right. But, can you open it for a while?

I need go to my website to backup all data files.

one or two hours will be enough.

thank you.

www.senecabbs.com

before you close a web site, can you give us a notice 1,2 days early? Therefore, I can tell them why I close my web site. web hosting is everywhere, but my bbs members will not come back to me anymore.

I CAN UPGRADE MY SERVER OR BUY A WEB HOSTING SHORTLY, BUT MY PEOPLE DO NOT COME BACK ANYMORE, DO YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND HOW IMPORTANT THEY ARE, I WASTE A LOT OF TIME TO FIND MEMBERS, AND NOW, THEY ALL GONE.

THIS IS NOT ONE DAY JOB, I DID IT FOR 2 MONTH, MAN, 2 MONTH. I AM NOT KIDDING. I WORK EVERYDAY ON MY WEB SITE TO MAKE IT LOOKS BETTER. YOU GUYS JUST SEND ME A EMAIL AND CLOSE IT FOR A SIMPLE REASON. WHY DON’T SEND IT TWO DAYS EARLY, JUST 2 DAMN DAYS. SO, I CAN TELL THEM WHAT’S GOING ON HERE.