Why Brazil isn´t listed on GoogleCheckout?

I think you will find that only a small percentage of sign-ups are restricted to paying only via Google Checkout, the majority are given the option to pay directly to DreamHost using credit-card or PayPal etc, so an explanation on that page mentioning faxing etc, is likely to cause confusion.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

Do you think so?

But imagine that, on the other hand, Dreamhost probably has now around 200’000 customers, and new customers arriving everyday! Now, imagine that from all the new sign-ups only 5 percent will be facing the Google-Paypal/Country-not-in-listed problem. Still, this is a very large number! And DH should think about them, too…

I mean, once you contact support, register an account without adding a plan, and send a fax, you are able to pay, EVEN if your country is NOT listed! But, lots of people can be driven off away from DreamHost, because they do not KNOW how the problem with “country not listed, you cannot pay using your credit card” can be overcome! This is my point! :slight_smile:

So, a small link “You country is not listed in Google Checkout? Click here for a possible solution” when on the page with pay options will be something great! :slight_smile:

I really really hope some DH staff will read this and take a small notice! :slight_smile:

We are all equal, and the DH anti-fraud system can be triggered by lots of ways - country, proxy, behind-a-firewall, etc. So in case you do not see anything else EXCEPT “pay using Google Checkout”, and you discover that Google doesn’t list your country, there are chances you’ll go away from DreamHost before sign up completed! And this should be avoided! :slight_smile:

I like DH, their support, so just want to suggest something useful, for everyone :)))

I do see your point and I do agree that DreamHost should make it easier for the 5% (or so) of potential customers that might run into the issue. I just don’t think confusing the other 95% is such a good idea.

Perhaps the system that triggers Google Checkout as the only option could also display the explanation you are seeking. That way, it would only be displayed to those that are restricted to Google Checkout and could possibly find their country not on the Google list.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

[quote]Great!

If there is nothing wrong, you should be able to get your account activated in 72 hours. (do not forget to remind DH. they are always busy)

Good luck![/quote]
Success!! I´ve sent the fax, they received and approved my account in no time !! You guys at DH are great!!

Ok, by the way our post office is charging too much for a fax to USA.

[quote]Register an account, login, add credit card to account, send fax, send support request,wait to get account and credit card approved, then select plan and make payment.

It worked… Horray! :-)[/quote]
It worked for me as well, even the order of actions wasn’t the same but it worked.

[quote]Perhaps the system that triggers Google Checkout as the only option could also display the explanation you are seeking. That way, it would only be displayed to those that are restricted to Google Checkout and could possibly find their country not on the Google list.
[/quote]
That’s the way it should be. I agree.

I want to thank to all you guys that answered my questions and provided me support, besides I want to thank you DH for the fast responses and for the help at all. Now there’s much to explore as a DH’s customer :slight_smile: Big Thanks!!

First of all is the domain registration, them domain assign to DH (that´s the step I didn’t realized yet. - I’ve registered a new domain through DH Control Painel but at “Domain Manage” there are no domains available. I don´t know if I have to “Transfer Registration” to DH on “Reg. Transfer” or wait 'till it appears on “manage domains” page.

Best Regards,

Diogenes

Glad that you have gone through the registration and become a member of DH. welcome!

If you register the domain name in DH, you do not need “Reg. Transfer”. It is used to transfer the ownership of a domain name which is registered elsewhere to DH.

If you just registered the domain name, you may need to wait a while for the DNS to propage in the server.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

After registering the domain and receiving the confirmation email, you need to add the domain to the DreamHost hosting system via the panel at Domains -> Manage Domains -> Add New Domain/Sub-Domain. You will probably want to add the domain as ‘Fully Hosted’.

In my experience, if you register an initial domain during the sign-up process, this domain is automatically added to the hosting system, but if you subsequently register other domains at DreamHost, you need to manually add them to the hosting system, as detailed above.

By the way: Welcome to DreamHost. :slight_smile:

Mark

OK. I got it. I did’t see the “Add Domain or Sub-domains” link under Manage Domains section.
Now like you said it´s just wait till DNS propages itself.
Thank You!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.