Why all my site are slow?

wordpress

Hi there,
i have different site with joomla, word press, etc …
All my site are slowly, and i can’t work, and after 5-6 day i need move in another hosting but in new hosting all site load fast .
I try DH every time when i make a new site but i have same problem …(just now)
Support it’s great here but problems not solved…
My server is tea and MySQL Server is fido: Someone have same problem?
sorry for my bad english

turifungia
Barzellette | Calcolo ici

I’ve been experiencing the same thing with my joomla site at http://www.deepershades.net … it looks like the access to the database takes forever cause once it starts loading it’s right there …

we also have a wordpress blog at http://www.katize.com and that’s very quick loading …

what’s the deal? I’m using the latest Joomla! 1.0.13
tried cache on / cache off …
gzip page compression on / off …
no difference with either really …

even if I’m just showing the mainbody it takes forever (well … in modern time relations) to load …

any help would be appreciated …

thank you,
Lars Behrenroth

Actually, http://www.deepershades.net loads quite nicely for me (particularly considering nature of the pages contents) - about 3 seconds.

Connectivity issues not related to the speed of the DreamHost server are often the source of “slow” sites, and you should always investigate/eliminate that as the source of the problem before assuming the server is slow (traceroutes, pings, etc.). :wink:

–rlparker

alright …
thanks for the quick feedback .
not really an assumption, more a confused question from my side …

I’ll strip down the extensions, modules and all and see if I’ll get a better result … but even accessing the admin panel of my joomla site takes a while at times …

could it be the sql queries?

thanks again,
lb.

It could be the MySQL quereies, and it could be that your server is heavily loaded, particularly in light of your observation of the loading of your admin panel (which I can’t see or test), but as I said before it could also be connectivity.

Before you start stripping down extensions and modules, there are a few things I suggest you check out:

1. Run some traceroutes to your site, and compare them with traceroutes to other sites - it could be that you are having issues related to your ISP’s routing to your site, or with latency. I suggest this because your site seems to load well for me.

2. Try seeing how much loading time is saved without the “off site” trips to your ad networks, by temoporarily disabling them one at a time (particularly the auction ads). It seemed to me that about half the total load time delay was waiting for that data to be retrieved.

3. Evaluate whether or not you really need all the javascript you are loading. If you need it, you need it, but some of it may be costing more in loading delay than it provides in function.

4. Log into your server via ssh and check the load on your server by using the “top” or “w” command - if your numbers are high (on most DreamHost shared servers, much over 10-15), someone on your server might be overly loading the server, and that might be part of the problem.

After that, selectively removing individual extension/modules may point to a particularly “slow” one that could be part of the problem. I just hate to see you go through all of that when the problem could be any of the things, or any combination of the things, listed above. :wink:

–rlparker

once again .
thank you so much for your extended help…

did a few things…
started with updating the SEF situation… I have Artio JoomSEF installed, which was a big part in the slow loading process …
the new version sped things up nicely …

also updated the theme and stripped a few modules which where doing more than I needed …

it loads pretty good now…
everyone who still surfs w/ a 56k modem needs to get with the program :slight_smile:

thank you again .
a happy dreamhost customer,
lars