Whether DH will be close down in China

Dears,
I hear of BlueHost have been close down in China.
I want to know Whether DH will be close down in China if somebody place some illegal content.

I’d be curious to know also, but I don’t think anybody can do anything other than guess what China might do with any content - it’s not like there is any real way to exert control over the actions of the Chinese when it comes to “shutting down” or “blocking” content. :wink:

–rlparker

I have heard of the Chinese government attempting to block various sites, but this is the first time I have heard of them singling out a particular host.

Do you know whether the attempted block is across all Bluehost IP addresses, or just one or two IP addresses?

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

It is really hard to tell whether DH will be closed down in China. I think only the ppl from government may give you the answer :stuck_out_tongue:

From what we know, DH is strict with illegal content. Hope this helps

Save $97 with promo code: [color=#CC0000]97YES Sign Up NOW[/color]

Yes, but DreamHost concerns itself mainly with what is illegal in the United States, the Chinese governments view of what qualifies as ‘illegal’ is somewhat different, especially in regards to political commentary.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

The Chinese government just makes everything illegal that they don’t like that day. Is it possible? I don’t doubt it.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on Dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]SRVR97[/color]

If they are going to block any host that hosts undesirable political content, they’re going to end up blocking all third-party hosting providers!

Or does anyone think that this will somehow not work out that way?

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

i agree. just be nice with the government. :wink:

Save $97 with promo code: [color=#CC0000]97YES Sign Up NOW[/color]

Well, they do really blocking many Hosting Companies already. I am Chinese and I live in Hong Kong / China. Many sites I can access in Hong Kong is blocked in China.

Let’s hope that it won’t happen in DreamHost.

PromoCode
FULL_97_OFF <-CLICK = host 1 yr for $22.4
[color=#CC0000]LIFE_IP_67_OFF
2_DOMS_67_OFF
3_DOMS_52_OFF[/color]

Thanks for sharing. We’ll miss you when this site is blocked too.

tor.eff.org
Promos: MaxTOR: Save [color=#CC0000]Maximum[/color] TOR: Save Maximum and [color=#00CC00]give $1 to TOR[/color]