Where to save crontab script?

First time to do with cron script.

I’m installing AWStats and trying to set up a crontab script. When I press Ctrl + O to save the script, the default path is /tmp/crontab.xyzxyz/crontab. Where do I save the script?

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color]. Sign Up NOW

Just save the crontab to the path supplied. When its saved it should be installed, the output below will be shown.

Web Hosting Reviews | Get Around The Net Directory

thanks for the clarification.

when I save the script, it says “bad minute, errors in crontab file, can’t install”.

here is the script
0 3 * * * /usr/local/bin/perl /home/yourusername/awstats/tools/awstats_buildstaticpages.pl
-config=example.com -update -awstatsprog=/home/yourusername/awstats/cgi-bin/awstats.pl
-dir=/home/yourusername/example.com/statistics/

I copy the code from wiki but not sure what is wrong. I’ve replaced yourusername and example.com with mine. Please help.

I’ve tried 0 3 * * * and 00 03 * * *. No one is working :frowning:

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color]. Sign Up NOW

Just follow up myself.

I’ve solved the problem. Nothing is wrong with the script.

I’m using putty in Wnidows. When I keyed in the script, it automatically went to new line although I did not press enter key. Just use Backspace to make sure the script is in one line and everything will be fine.