Where to install zenphoto

apps

I remember some discussion about other software such as I think WP and maybe Gallery as well, about whether to give it it’s own (sub-)domain and the effect of having it in the domain’s root directory or another directory.

Does anyone know about the pros and cons of these choices with zenphoto?

One of the pros of installing it in a sub-domain is that you can assign a different user to manage it. If anything wrong with it, it does not affect your main domain.

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

Are you talking about the “Easy” one-click install or just a regular manual install of zenphoto?

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

I hadn’t decided on that - does it make a difference?

Currently I have in mind to try the one-click and if it doesn’t work right for me, then do a manual install.

I’m inclined to make a subdomain for it, but still wondering about putting in the subdomain’s root or its own directory. Maybe as there doesn’t seem to be an ‘advanced’ one-click I won’t have a choice anyway, unless I do the manual install.

It’s not urgent so I guess I’ll make a subdomain and try a few things out.

I put galleries in something like “gallery.mydomain.com” in the root level. No need for a subdirectory.

-Scott

I do the same - though I’m a bit torn about what to call the one’s that use zenphoto instead of gallery2…

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off

Just that if you go with the “Easy” One-Click Install, you don’t have a choice of where to install it. It gets installed into the web root of a domain or subdomain. And also keep in mind that the “Easy” One-Click Install doesn’t actually install into your web space, but instead hosts Zenphoto on some other clustered Dreamhost web servers.