Where to create directory for index.php file

software development

Looking around the DreamHost directory structure, I was unable to figure out where to create a new directory for php5 files (including index.php) for a test web application. I’ve some basic experience many years ago, but not php5 and not hosted on DreamHost. Thanks.

Wouldn’t you just create it in the web directory of your site?

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Would that be just /home/CLKuser/ directory (where CLKuser is my user id)?

Is there a configuration file which defines where the “web directory” is, and what is path to that file? Presumably, if I want to change the “web directory”, say to /home/CLKuser/TestAppDir/, I could edit the appropriate line in the configuration file accordingly.

Thanks. CLK.

No, there is no such configuration file you can edit, but you can do what you describe via the Control Panel -> Manage Domains screen. Just click the “edit” button adjacent to the domain you want to modify, place the new path information for the “web directory” for the domain as desired, and submit the form. :wink:

–rlparker

Oh, and by default, the web directory for the domain exampledomain.tld should be /home/{youruseridhere}/exampledomain.tld/

Every domain and subdomain you host gets its own subdirectory under your home directory, by default. You can change this location by following rlparker’s instructions.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Ok. Found the Manage Domains screen. Seems like that should do it. Thanks so much. -CLK

You are very welcome and I’m glad you are getting it sorted out. :slight_smile:

–rlparker