Where the heck to I find the link to download!?!?

Hello all…

So I have successfully uploaded my files of choice using CuteFTP into the folder that has the same name as my domain. However when I try to download the via the internet using http://www.mydomain.info/file-name.mp3 I just get a 404 error.

What am I missing here!? Please help so I have a link I can provide to others for download!

Did you check the file name Case?

-Jason

MP3Mystic Your personal Streaming MP3 Server
Dreamhost Hosting - Last one out, turn off the lights.

Try deleting/renaming any index files and right click to get the link.

You probably want to password protect and bandwidth throttle if you’re setting up downloads of mp3s.

This posting is from a guy that sent a download link to his cousins and ended up with $100+ in bandwidth overages.

dhost doesnt allow .mp3 extensions. Rename it to another extension and try again.

GottaDeal.com Deals & Coupon Codes. Why Pay Retail?

I still can’t get nothing.

Does it have anything to do with me having just set this up 48 hrs ago? My homepage is accesible, but any files give a 404.

I have .mp3 files on my website and they work fine. There is nothing in the DH knowledgebase that refers to .mp3 files.

Are you still having the problem?

Make sure that the files are in your directory hierarchy where they are supposed to be. Are you transferring your site from somewhere else or creating it from scratch?

If you can get to your website, then you should be able to download the files.

WT

Where do you get the idea that Dreamhost doesn’t allow .mp3 files? As far as I know, there aren’t any “banned” file extensions, though it’s possible the MIME types aren’t set up correctly for some relatively uncommon ones, so that you need to include a special line in a .htaccess file to be sure they’re served correctly.

– Dan