Where is the crontab manager

Hi,

I’ve set up cron jobs with other web hosts and there was no problem. I can’t even find the crontab manager to set a cron job up.

Also – this is kind of confusing – I want to run a dynamic pricing script but it sounds like I’ll have to upload the script under my main username and then go and set up cron job under the username with shell access.

Is this right?

I also have a question about the format since there are two different users…

This is the command line I want to use but my shell access is for username2

*/1 * * * * /home/username1/domain.com/dynpricing/cron

Would someone help please?

find the crontab manager

As far as I know, it’s only standard Linux shell command line based.

Is this right?

Sounds right to me.

my shell access is for username2

It might work, if user2 has permission to read and execute from user1, like being in the same group, or with “liberal” permissions for “other,” but it would work probably better/easier if user2 had its own copy.

You are welcome to a refund.-Michael;Comparing ‘DH of today’ with ‘DH of old’ does not serve much purpose.-Dallas

how do I get there?

or where can I enter the command line?

I can’t find a place to do that.

I don’t understand telnet and ssh at all…

Thanks,
Louis

Wiki, Getting started is a good place to start.

You are welcome to a refund.-Michael;Comparing ‘DH of today’ with ‘DH of old’ does not serve much purpose.-Dallas

Here’s what I do

I have a hard time editing the crons using the default editor, so type:
export EDITOR=vi

Then type:

crontab -e

Now, you are editing your crontab. From this point, it’s pretty easy. Just remember there is no active path, so if you want to run a perl command, you can’t type perl, you must type /user/bin/perl then the command.

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Crontab

export EDITOR=vi

ROFLMAO!!

vi is easy to me, and I have very little unix/linux experience. It reminds me of the old BBS stuff back in the early 90s.

[quote]I don’t understand telnet and ssh at all…

export EDITOR=vi

ROFLMAO!![/quote]
Well, I suppose there is something to be said for “plunging right in” and becoming immersed in the “learning curve”, eh? I gess that is one way to do it… :smiley:

–rparker