Where is Java?

Hi there, Can’t seem to find java. I’m on a Private Server. The wiki suggests /usr/local/dh/java but I had no luck with that.

Any help appreciated

Nick

Aye!!

I am java-less as well.

I know that servlets are too heavy-weight for a shared private server, but I need some java so I can do a cron job to pre-parse some data.

Basically, I use gwt to handle rpc, but I like serving static files; no back-end needed. To do this, I’ve gotta do a nightly recompile of some xml, and I REALLY don’t feel like translating gwt into like… python, or something scary like that.

As it is now, I’m going to try to set it up so the DH server will just send any new material that is to be translated into a gwt response to my dev box, have IT recompile it all, and send it back… But that could be a lot of data over the wire… When it works, of course.

Anyway. IF ANYONE FINDS JAVA VIA SSH ON PS… EMAIL dr.q@aiyx.info

$which java

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

You have to install Java on your PS on your own. Just get the package from Sun’s website and install it in your local folder and set JAVA_HOMe and then you can run things such as Tomcat, etc. Just did it last night and it works perfectly.