Where has support gone

how does it work around here
with all the mysql problems in my first week I had alot of tickets in because I had alot of downtime - some tickets where answered in 10 minutes - now im waiting here for 2.5 hours - is this the norm?

are there any lomg term customers floating around that have anythign good to say about dreamhost ?

Hi Bluequartz!
As another DH customer, I can give you some idea of this. Support response time varies depending on their load and the nature of the problems. Getting responses in just 10 minutes is impressive; I haven’t seen that myself. Usually it takes a few hours, and some tricky stuff takes a few days if it can’t be done right away. Some users have reported much longer response times, but things seem to have improved lately.

Disclaimer: I live in Denmark, so I’m not awake in DH peak business hours. That may influence my experience.

TorbenGB
Try out DreamHost with a free WebIDPrices, options

Not a long term customer, in fact a very new one, but my three support requests so far have all had excellent turnaround time. Not ten minutes, but they weren’t problems that take ten minutes to resolve.

Since DreamHost “guarantees” a response in 24 hours, I would consider 2.5 hours to be normal.

MacManX.com
I don’t work here. I’m just your typical support forum volunteer.

oh is that righ fool

well i dont

now im waiting NINE HOURS for a response

AWESOEM SUPPORT!!!

this is ONE DAY AFTER AFTER MY FIRST WEEK WHERE IN 7 DAYS I HAD AN ENTIRE DAY OF DOWNTIME

this is not even a business site it is a forum to help an innocent girl live

thanks alot

WHAT A JOKE

[quote]oh is that righ fool

well i dont

now im waiting NINE HOURS for a response

AWESOEM SUPPORT!!!

this is ONE DAY AFTER AFTER MY FIRST WEEK WHERE IN 7 DAYS I HAD AN ENTIRE DAY OF DOWNTIME[/quote]
So far, almost all the posts you have made here have been rather acerbic in their nature. Although one or two DreamHost folks pop in here from time to time, most posters here are just customers like us. Please be civil if you are asking volunteers for help or advice.

Simon Jessey
Keystone Websites | si-blog

ummmm - thanks o high and mighty one - they pop in here from ‘time to time’ well thats just fantastic - Im so relieved now to know that I MAY get a response - I will spend the other 50% of my time thats not being spent looking to see if support tickets have been answered, refreshign this forum to see if they have blessed me with a reply. Fantastic! Ive lapsed into the dream state already.

funny that when i have had about 15% downtime and now for urgent support I am waiting for 9 hours - upgraded account to call but cant find a phone number

I moved two doms here to test this place out after referring over 1000$ werth of new customers I thought I would try it out myself. Worst idea I have had in long while…

ummm, insulting people on this forum doesn’t help you. What’s your problem?

Perhaps a visit to the KBase will help you with issues you may be having. A lot of “support” questions are really just “clueless user” questions easily answered if one simply looks.

You are submitting these tickets via the “Contact Support” link in the “Support” area of your Control Panel, right? To quote this forum’s disclaimer:

“Please understand that these forums are not routinely checked by DreamHost employees (although we do show up from time to time!), and are not meant as a replacement for the KBase or support form.”

MacManX.com

You must learn to be patient, even if you are apparently incapable of learning basic manners. This is not the place to seek support for downtime problems, server problems, etc. All you need to do is submit a single support ticket, giving all the information you can, and then wait for a response. If you feel it warrants it, you can request one of your three monthly callbacks.

Perhaps you should post the URL of your website (or add it to your profile) so that others can see if your site is up or down.

If that is true, at least you can feel happy about the referral money you have collected.

Simon Jessey

umm no I mustnt learn foo mate - step off

I have hosted sites for years

this is a complete stuff around

they told me not to worry 5 times last week and after every email my site went down

I am tryign to save a girls life - the site is a donation of my time and services to the family of the woman

THANK foo I HAVE NO MONEY MAKERS HERE AND MY SITE IS AS INSIGNIFICANT AS A FORUM TO SAVE AN AUSSIE GIRLS LIFE

oh it is not the palce to seek support despite being called a support forum - you aint to bright are you

put a ticket in and wait? no chance in hell

I have tickets in the sytem sitting there for 10 hours

request a callback? HAHHAHAHAHAHA
im sitting here with the phone in front of the kb and they claimed to have rung me once already - phone has NOT rung once

let me know if you have any more hot tips for me

If that is true, then your behavior is even more remarkable.

Actually no, it is called a discussion forum. It says that everywhere - including at the top of the page.

I guess not. Shouldn’t that be “too bright”, by the way?

Simon Jessey

awesoem im glad you are enjoying it

thanks foir correctign the spelling mistakes - i am normally so careful witrh my typing that miust have been a sdlipup

uit wont happend again ok mate :slight_smile:

WOW - a few days???

you are kidding right???

what about if I get a dedicated server?

why I would spend more money I am not quite sure

the frustrating thing is I upgraded my plan to include phoen support but today alone I have spent close to 2 hrs JUST TRYING TO GET A NUMBER

i mean im trying not to be pissed off but this is insane

spend 5 minutes to read the multitude of threads you’ve created and you’ll find several people in several spots telling you that [color=#CC0000]there is no phone number[/color] made available.

But if you’d read the plan specs before you signed up, the kbase, or the support panel you may have never even had to start these threads to begin with.

I have a sneaking suspicion you’d have found a reason tho :wink:

Congrats, that’s the funniest thing I’ve ever heard posted on these rather dry forums. cheers.

[color=#0000CC]jason[/color]

You have not upgraded your account to include phone support. You have upgraded your account to include call-backs. Here’s a better explanation.

MacManX.com

Then set-up your own box and go away. None of your posts are in any way, shape or form ‘constructive’. You have created at least 3 discussiosn asking for a support phone number, which has been answered in every post, multiple time, and the account you upgraded to clearly states that these are callbacks, as in they’ll call you.

================================
I’d give my right arm to be ambidexterous!