Where are the one-click files?

I installed Wordpress 2.8 by the one-click install method. The site works, but I don’t know why (isn’t that strange?). I told the installer to put the installation in a ‘wp28’ directory, and sure enough, that is where the URL must point, but I don’t see the ‘wp28’ directory in my /home/username/sitename.dreamhosters.com/ directory. So where did it go? How would I install new themes and plugins?

If you used Easy Mode, you can’t get to the files, as they’re on a separate server. If you used Advanced Mod, the files really are somewhere. If you already have files at your dreamhosters site, the wp28 directory really should be there with the rest of your stuff.

-Scott

No, I used the advanced mode.

This is so strange. It shouldn’t be working. Or else I don’t understand what is going on. Most likely that is the case.

Are you logged in as the correct FTP user? Do you actually have content at the domain’s root? If so, can you see the files when you FTP in?

-Scott

You might have told the installer to place the files under a different user.

Different user’s can have full access to various parts of the same domain.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

One-Click doesn’t let you select the user. It goes into an existing (sub)domain. And that’s why I keep asking if he already has files in there, as this installation should be nestled right there with the rest of his files.

-Scott

I thought that’s what the last variable was for (ie. “First User”). I guess I got confused as I have DB users named the same, or similar to, ACC users.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

That’s the DB user. If you’re installing a One-Click into an existing (sub)domain, you have no user choice, as that Fully Hosted Domain already belongs to a specific FTP user.

-Scott