When will Apache 2.4 be available?

vps

I use a VPS. I need Apache 2.4 so I can enable HTTP/2 and also use PHP 7.

I know Nginx can do HTTP/2 now, but it’s restricted to PHP 5.6. PHP 5.6 just got EOL’d and only security updates are available.

When will these features be available? Any roadmap? Timeline?

Thank you!

The team is working on upgrading Apache on our shared and VPS machines. They are still in the testing phase and I don’t have an expected release timeline to announce yet.

If you don’t want to wait and you’re comfortable doing it yourself, you could launch a server in DreamCompute and install a lamp server pretty easily - https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/articles/215879467-How-to-Configure-LAMP-on-DreamCompute-running-Debian-or-Ubuntu

I just checked and doing sudo apt-get install lamp-server^ installs Apache 2.4.18 and php 7.0.8.

Cheers @Justin! I don’t have time to play with DreamCompute for now, but I’m happy to hear you’re working on it. I will play with DreamCompute in a couple of months maybe, just to see how it works.

Regarding the timeline, even a rough one, do you think it’s going to be one month? Six? One year?

Right now a rough estimate based on the progress so far looks like it we could have it released in Q2/Q3. It all depends on how the testing goes and if any unforeseen issues pop up.

Sounds good. I’ll keep an eye on it.

Now third quarter is running now …

same here…

Still no update for this feature? It’s been a while.