What's One To Do - When Nobody Knows Where Your Domain is

Two years ago I migrated all my domains to DH, as I couldn’t find a competent hosting co in UK in that price range. Was with 34SP for over 10 yrs, but gave up at that point after waiting for them 3 weeks to resolve some really simple issue keeping my site off line. In 2016 well disenchanted with all hosting co’s in UK, I moved the hosting of all my domains and sites stateside…

DH, gave me their IPS TAG, which was ENOM, and my domains were transferred. All was fine. Until 5 days ago, the email for the domain in question (COKIC.CO.UK) stops receiving email. The domain had hosting on, although it was only used for email. I realise that the domain expired, and DH never sent me the usual warning email. I think nothing of it, but upon attempt at renewal, DH informs me that the domain isn’t under their control!!

What followed were 4 or 5 tickets to DH support, where I each time I describe the above, and each time am told that the domain is not under DH control, and I have to go to whomever has it.

It took them 4 tickets to acknowledge that the tag is ENOM, and me telling them that I transferred all my domains over to them. I’d even told them that I have support emails, where we are discussing what tag I need to use etc, all back from around May 2016…

I don’t think they even bother to read the whole message body…

Needles to say I double-checked with my old hosts, just in case, and they of course just said that the domain is under ENOM whom they don’t use…

I cannot believe that DH can keep telling me the following:

• DH are adamant that I never transferred the domain to them, ignoring that domain TAG is ENOM, ignoring my claims that I have DH support emails confirming that the domain was transferred to DH n May 2016.
  • DH are ignoring the fact that my domain worked for 2 yrs after moving away from my old hosts and with the ENOM tag, and listed as fully hosted in their CP.
  • DH seem blissfuly unaware of the 2017 ENOM cockup with .co.uk domains (not that I think that mine was in way hijacked) see this link to article in The Register - https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/09/07/enom_security_snafu/

Every time I open a ticket, they duly reply to the effect of: ‘your domain isn’t with us’ and promptly close ticket, so there is no avenue for me to respond.

Every day my domain is down, I am missing really important work related emails, losing money contracts, etc. and it looks from my perspective like the company I entrusted doesn’t give a flying f*ck