What would one get?

dreamcompute

what does one get with dreamcompute account? is it an openstack instance that the user configures? do the servers expand automatically? is it a cluster that is built by dh admins and altered upon human request?

Can almost hear the crickets.

Resource alterations are a manual process (image current -> create new based on image), but disks can be scaled live if mounted using LVM.

I apologize, I wasn’t subscribed to this forum and didn’t see this thread.

DreamCompute, will be our public cloud computing service based on OpenStack. It will be an unmanaged cloud meaning you’ll have the ability to configure everything you want. For example, you’ll be able to launch servers with a choice of cpu/memory combination, operating system and have full control, including root access. We’ll also provide you with completely customized network configuration options. Create multiple networks and customize the routing between them (imagine a setup with web servers being accessible on the public internet but a group of database servers on a private network with security groups configured to only allow access from specific machines).

Of course there’s a lot more, but here’s a sneak peek at the DreamCompute Dashboard.

And there’s a great demo overview video of OpenStack available on the OpenStack site that will give you a pretty good idea of the features available - http://www.openstack.org/software/

If we wanted to create a network on the cloud, is this possible, or would it be too consuming on the bandwidth? (for gaming purposes)

This shouldn’t be an issue. You’ll have full control over the configuration of your network and shouldn’t have any bandwidth issues.

Hi InfoMerciallo, for gaming, I think it’s not the best idea, a good private server may be much better.