What KIND of MySQL do we have here?

I’m trying to set up my phpBB forum, and it’s asking for what KIND of MySQL Database we have. How do I answer this?

MySQL 4.0.20 :slight_smile:

willscorner.net

For future reference, set up a phpinfo file. You can do this by opening your favorite text editor and entering the following line at the top, no whitespace before (no blank lines):

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Then, save the file as phpinfo.php and upload it to your server. After that, access the file in your browser, and you’ll know all you ever wanted know about your PHP and MySQL setup.

MacManX.com

Thanks, guys! I suppose I’ll learn all this in my classes, but right now I’m just a newbie… :smiley:

I don’t think that would be able to tell you the MySQL version server side.

I think server version is currently 4.0.20 on most of the machines, but work is being done to upgrade to 4.1.x. I know we have been working on upgrading the mysql-client packages first, so it’s possible that the client will have a later version than the server in some cases.

You can see some information on the server (including the version) by typing “status”.

Whatever you do, don’t upgrade to MySQL v4.1.7. I don’t know why, but it’s breaking almost every WordPress install we’ve heard about over at the WP Support Forums.

MacManX.com

Here’s the document about that: http://codex.wordpress.org/Answers-Installation#MySQL_4.1.7

MacManX.com