What is your server uptime? up 10 hours?

[razzle]$ uptime
18:32:23 up 3 days, 9:54, 6 users, load average: 0.79, 1.13, 1.21

The server uptime was really up 10 hours When my account was activated 3 days ago.

I just want to know, how many servers uptime have been exceeded 60 days?

:wink: [color=#CC0000]Here[/color] are my Hosting Plan Comparision and $97 off DreamHost Promo Code

Look at this post: http://discussion.dreamhost.com/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=forum_troubleshooting&Number=53806&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&part=

That’s terrible, No server uptime exceed 30 days! Lot of servers uptime < 10 days!

:wink: [color=#CC0000]Here[/color] are my Hosting Plan Comparision and $97 off DreamHost Promo Code

I’m pretty sure they recently announced an upgrade requiring a reboot.

Rebooting != bad. If you read the thread you linked to, you’d see it’s about server load. You actually looked past the actual problems to focus on something that isn’t a problem.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

Yes your are right Rebooting != bad. But there is no reason to reboot every 10 days.

Well, at least there shouldn’t be (these are, after all, debian-based boxes)! I’d be thrilled to have every one of the DH servers show an “uptime” of 1 hour later tonight, if that meant they had re-booted everything after they fixed the network :wink: .

–rlparker

Who said they do? You reboot when you have to. Some servers might require it more often.

Server uptime since last reboot is a meaningless piece of info. That’s why I pointed that out when you linked to a thread about an actual problem, to use as a reference to something that isn’t a problem.

The server I’m on was just rebooted. I guess I should send DH an email telling them to throw it in the trash.

20:55:27 up 25 min, 1 user, load average: 1.00, 1.11, 0.98

(By the way, those last three numbers are what the thread you linked to is all about.)

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.