What IMAP server is DH running on the back-end?

I’m setting up a plugin for MantisBT bugtracker that accepts inbound email to create, modify issue items. A cron process polls the email account and retrieves items from named folders. When asking for help on this I was asked what IMAP server we have here at DH.

The issue is that I have IMAP folders with spaces in the names “My Foo Mail” but when trying to create a filter the freeform textbox for the folder doesn’t allow spaces - requires someething like “myfoomail”. There should be a dropdown in addition to, or instead of the text box so that we can select an existing folder.

I dunno if that’s a client-side issue with Mailbox Manager v1.0 or a server issue that it has limited filter support. Or is there an internal name for each folder that I should be able to work out for that filter prompt?

Thanks!

I am not sure what IMAP server DH email runs … I don’t think that knowing that will help in this case. Can you rename the folders to make filters simpler?

Sure, I can rename folders, but we shouldn’t need to do that.
I believe this is a limitation of DH’s Mailbox Manager v1.0 client.
Ref this wiki page which says:

Move it to folder
Puts the email in the specified folder. This is possibly the most useful action, but there are a few caveats/restrictions:

The folder must already exist – the filter cannot make the folder for you. If you enter a folder name that does not exist, the emails will be deleted instead of moved. This is not correct anymore. It Does create the folder.
Folder names are cAsE sEnSiTiVe! Double-check your folder name’s spelling and shift key usage.
The filters cannot use folder names that have spaces in the name.

My test: Create a filter for folder my_test. Send email, the filter triggers and a new my_test is created.
Change the folder name to “My Test” with a space, send a similar email, my_test gets re-created.

So I’ll change this to an enhancement request which allows a filter to be created on folders that have a space in the name, since it is valid for folders to have space names.

For my purposes, however, sure, I’ll use folder names that conform to the filter requirements.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.