What Happens after FTP'ng the Site

Hi all, Im so glad there is a network of people here I can refer to for advice; so, thank you in advance.

I just registered my website about 8 hours ago, and went ahead and downloaded FileZilla for my FTP software. Using the instructions provided in the Dreamhost email, I uploaded several MS Word documents to the new website. Im pretty confident they uploaded since I can view the destination files in Filezilla.

I havent designed a page or anything yet, in fact, the website still doesnt come up if I type it into a browser. My question is where/how do those files I uploaded show up on the Dreamhost account panel or elsewhere. I dont see where they ended up.

Thanks again for all your help,
Craig

Have a read through this:

https://panel.dreamhost.com/kbase/index.cgi?area=23

MacManX.com

Thanks so much. I did what those pages recommended, to no avail. As I stated earlier, Im pretty sure my files are in the right folder (i.e., within mydomain.com). I guess it just takes time before I can view them on dreamhost.

Well, if you just created or moved your domain name, it’s going to take a while before it propagates (before the new domain/location is recognized by all ISPs). Sometimes this can take anywhere from 12 hours to a week.

MacManX.com