What Exactly DreamHost Wants me To Do?

Hello guys

I am from Pakistan and I write the blog sizlopedia.com

Currently my blog is hosted at Lypha.com but I have heard a lot about Dreamhost so I have planned to shift here but there are some problems that I faced

I ordered my 1 year hosting with Dreamhost using a coupon that gave me 97 USD off. So the amount became 22 USD approximately.

I opt to pay through Google Checkout and the order was in place as it should be.

After 4 days of my order still not processed yet and still in “In Progress” state in my Google checkout account Today finally I had to contact Dreamhost to ask about my hosting order and they told me that they will look in the matter

Today after some hours I received this mail from Dreamhost support?

Hello,

Your account was disabled by our automated fraud detection system. Your
payment has also been refunded.

We request that you take your business elsewhere and we apologize that we
won’t be able to host you at this time.

Thanks,

Brett

“we
won’t be able to host you at this time” seems a good excuse but “Your account was disabled by our automated fraud detection system”? Hello? I own Askari Mastercard one of the most reputed in Pakistan

I dont know what exactly is wrong with Dreamhost or with me but I want Dreamhost fast and I want to know how else can I pay.

Just for a note remember we dont have Paypal [You can check on Paypal site if u dont believe me] here I can only pay you guys through credit card

or If you dont allow people from Pakistan to host with you I m completely comfortable with that but then http://www.teeth.com.pk should not be an exception?

Please help me Dreamhost guys

We’re just customers–you need to contact them.

But… they like money, so they don’t just reject people for no reason. The last person that started a thread like this later admitted he used a fake address… and couldn’t figure out where the fraud alert came from.

Anyway, you can contact them, but they aren’t likely going to share their fraud screening procedure with anyone, so I’m not sure how much they’ll actually tell you.

Plus, the request to host elsewhere is probably a pretty good sign that they’re not going to change their mind.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

but the word “fake” is not even close to the details I have given

I can give Dreamhost my house number they can contact me

Ok it seems fair that they want me to sign up with some other hosting if I have done some fraud or mistake

but the thing is that I haven’t then why are dreamhost ppl asking me to do so :S ?

I have a whole lot of chain of bloggers who are hosting with Dreamhost and I want a hosting here too

I am ready to give any authentication they want

There are all sorts of reasons why this can happen, but ultimately DreamHost are free to reject an application for hosting for any reason they wish. I know that they prefer applicants from Pakistan to use Google Checkout (similar to PayPal), so perhaps that is the reason. I’m afraid that posting here is not going to help you.

si-blog | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

Is not this forum attended by Dreamhost officials?

umm how else can i contact them? and bring my issue to their concern

no, this forum is only DH customers. the best way to get into contact with DH is by using the contact form at dreamhost.com/contact.cgi.

sorry we can’t be of more help.

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website

You could try attaching a small cylinder to the ankle of a carrier pigeon containing your message, but I suspect you’d have more luck filling in this handy form.

lol ok thanks for your help

by the way why are people here so sarcastic? :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a form of psychological therapy that we have to use because our President is a dumbass.

Seconded all the way! lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Chips N Cheese - Custom PHP installs and the like!

We are talking about self-appointed wannabe Forum President Jessey?

----------
[color=#00CC00]ANONYMOUS0 => Max Discount[/color], [color=#6600CC]ANONYMOUS2 => Max Discount less $1[/color] or Cut the code, [color=#CC0000]it’s their birthday:[/color] [color=#00CC00]9999 => $99.99 Off[/color]

no, actually we were talking about the idiot we call the President of the United States. Besides that, rlparker is the president of this forum, as he - without a doubt, talks the most. :slight_smile: (in the best of ways)

I like to think of my self as the vise president, just checking in once in a while and making a few helpful, albeit short, posts. scjessey is probably the president of the wiki.

–Matttail

yay DreamHost support responded to my petition

they are asking me to authenticate my credit card using Fax :smiley:

I m happy

wish to be a part of this family soon

I heard that! Note, however, he is not my President - I voted “Hell, NO!” :open_mouth:

–rlparker

I see they’ve let the forum troll out to play today. Getting lonely in your little cave, were you?

I’m glad that they’re working with you. Hope the road is smooth from here on in.

–Matttail

I don’t think I’m out of line saying that we are looking forward to extending our family :slight_smile:

That’s really good to hear…I hope all goes well and you get your account quickly. We’d love to have you! :slight_smile:

–rlparker

btw Jessey thanks your coupon saved me a fortune

I dont understand Dreamhost strategies

If they give 120 Dollar 1 year Hosting for just 22 Dollars then how do they make profit :open_mouth:

They are counting on you being so happy as part of the “Dreamhost Family” that you will continue to host with them for many more years at “regular” prices (which are still great)

It must be working, because they keep growing and some of us have been here many years :wink:

–rlparker