What discussion Forum System?

Hi guys. Would just like to ask what forum discussion system are you using here? Seems pretty simple and straightforward, and doesn’t show too many posts.

Ituloy AngSulong

Hi :slight_smile:

The forum software is WWWThreads, well at least that is what it says in the FAQ. :slight_smile:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Ya know, I went over to that linked website a couple of years ago to check it out,and saw that it was a commercial script that I could not afford at the time (though I like the fact that it was written in perl and seemed to have a good “balance” between features and simplicity).

I went back there a couple of weeks ago and saw that the perl version is no longer available and the “new” version (php/MySQL) was now a “free download” that is advertised as being free of any fees… I have not checked out the new version, but it does not appear to be the same code that DH is running.

–rlparker

Hm. I like this simplicity in a forum. It would be too bad if this is commercial.

Ituloy AngSulong

Hmmm… I think you are right. The WWWThreads being used for the developers own forum doesn’t look much like the WWWThreads being used here.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Sorry, I may not have been clear in my post; the version of wwwthreads that is now available from the people who made this script (or, at least, those that are now using that domain?) is “free” - though their new version is not the same as the one you are seeing here, which is at least 6 years old, and may very well have been “tweaked” a bit by DH over the years. :wink:

–rlparker

Hi zenpcs,

Are you looking for a forum to run for yourself?

Pssh: You can’t improve on perfection. :stuck_out_tongue:

emufarmers.com
Very little to do with either emus or farmers!

Your perfection doesn’t seem to have a good security record over the years…

Scott | Truth About DreamHost Promo Code

Whatever you do, don’t go for phpbb.

For information on different popular discussion boards of nowadays, read here: http://shsc.info/ForumSoftwareGuide